The swiss army knife of microphones
The award-winning LCT 640 TS is an incredibly flexible multipattern microphone. It works as a traditional multi-pattern microphone, a stereo microphone, and a mic that can change the polar pattern after the fact. Its full, crisp, yet well-balanced sound works perfectly well on any source – vocals and instruments.
Adjust the polar pattern after the fact
By recording with the Dual Output Mode on a stereo track, you can create any polar pattern in the mix with the POLARIZER plugin – even after recording.
Perfectly-in-phase stereo recording, with a single mic
You can produce perfectly in-phase stereo recordings by using a single LCT 640 TS in Dual Output Mode. Just point the mic sideways to the source and adapt the stereo width in the mix.
The same sensitivity in every microphone
Every single LCT 640 TS undergoes a series of measurements followed by adjustment of polarization voltage to achieve the same sensitivity in every microphone. With this Perfect Match technology, you can use any two LCT 640 TS as a stereo pair.
Fully fledged for the daily studio routine
The LCT 640 TS offers three low-cut and attenuation settings, plus a clipping indicator that lets you easily see if the microphone clips.
What is in the box?
The LCT 640 TS comes in a nearly indestructible mil-spec transport case with a shock mount, windscreen, cushioned mic bag, magnetic pop filter, and an adapter cable for the Dual Output mode.
- Frequency range: 20 ... 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 31 mV/Pa, -30.1 dBV/Pa (cardioid)
- Self-noise: 5 dB (A)
- SPL for 0.5% THD: 134 dBSPL
- Dynamic range:5 dB (A)
- Low-cut: linear, 40 Hz (12 dB/oct), 80 Hz (12 dB/oct), 160 Hz (6 dB/oct)
- Pre-attenuation: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB
- Polar patterns: Omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid, figure-8
- Included: Shock mount, windscreen, magnetic pop filter, 3-pin mini XLR adapter cable, transport bag, mil-spec transport case
- Microphone enclosure: Zinc die cast
- Microphone net weight: 425 g, 14.9 oz
- Microphone dimensions: 158 x 52 x 36 mm, 6.22 x 2.04 x 1.42 in
- LCT 640 TS - 1" multi-pattern condenser microphone
- LCT 50 PSx - Magnetic pop filter
- LCT 40 Wx - Windscreen
- LCT 40 SHx - Shock mount
- LCT 40 TS - Mini 3-pin XLR cable
- DTP 40 Lb - Cushioned mic bag
- Mil-spec transport case